Friday, July 15, 2011

Farewell to Phil Johnson

A wise young man with a big smile and even bigger heart will be leaving Hearts in August and heading home to Mississippi. Phil Johnson, Director of Volunteers, has chosen to pursue a doctorate in Child Psychology. Phil credits Hearts with helping him make the decision to continue his education and specialize in helping children with special needs.

“The value of therapeutic horseback riding will always stay with me,” he noted. “So often when a person begins riding at Hearts, what I hear is, ‘I can’t, I can’t, I can’t. But let me put them on a horse and after six weeks I will hear, ‘I can, I can, I can!’ It’s astounding to see such change in the capabilities and attitudes of our riders.”

Phil is passionate about encouraging others to overcome challenges. He has been a great mentor, coach and friend to our riders and volunteers. We will miss his positive attitude and generous spirit. Phil -- come back and visit us soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment