Thursday, April 17, 2014

An Eagle Scout Beautifies and Protects

Taylor Lund exemplifies the best of the Eagle Scout tradition in Boy Scouting.  He came to Hearts with a desire to contribute and an eagerness to do something challenging for his final Eagle Scout project.  The result was a beautifully designed and constructed shade structure by the large riding arena. The structure is a lovely addition to our riding facility and provides protection from the sun so that families and visitors can view riding lessons in comfort.  Taylor was gracious, generous, responsible, creative and professional in his management of this project.  His thoughtfulness has left a legacy at Hearts. 

Taylor shared his thoughts about the project: “I picked Hearts, because it is a program that not enough people know about, and you guys do such great work for the community. I never knew about Hearts until I started my project. I hope this project it will help increase the awareness of the program. Throughout the building process I learned many valuable lessons, and I loved the opportunity to help.”
On behalf of the Hearts riders and their friends and families, we thank you, Taylor, and everyone who contributed to this wonderful project.

No comments:

Post a Comment