Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Volunteer of the Month, March 2014: Nicole Snider




"I am a senior at UCSB, graduating this spring with a degree in biology and a certificate in personal training.  I am doing an internship as a student athletic trainer where we help athletes recover from injuries and help prevent them from getting new ones. When I am not in class, at my internship, or at Hearts, I can often be found around the gym, out surfing, ballroom dancing, country dancing, rock climbing, or riding the mustang I am half-leasing!
 I love people, animals, and being active outdoors, so naturally I love Hearts!  I finally discovered Hearts just in time to start volunteering in my junior year. Hearts is a place where everyone is appreciated for their individuality: riders, volunteers, and staff alike. It is an encouraging environment,  fostered by a community of good-hearted people who want each other to reach their full potentials. The relationships built here are beautiful and I feel fortunate to be a part of this positive and loving community.

No comments:

Post a Comment