Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Volunteer of the Month, February 2014: Shannon McGraw

I am humbled to be chosen for Volunteer of the Month but am excited because it is a reflection of all the wonderful and dedicated volunteers and co-captains I get to work with on Thursdays. They are the ones that really deserve the recognition because without them I would just be known as Grit's Gravel Girl (I'm happiest working a shovel behind the scenes)  So on behalf of Team Thursday, I graciously accept this recognition and will gladly share the parking spot with my team-mates (unless it's dark out and then we will draw straws). 

Before becoming a volunteer, I used to practice law and served in the United States Marine Corps as a Staff Judge Advocate. I have an LLM in Intercultural Human Rights and International Law and spent most of my career working Latin American civilian and military issues and post 9/11 legal assessments. 

The 2 sassy boys in my life are --Luke (stall #9) and Peyton, a precocious 3 year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment